If you are on Drupal 7, you will consider the following options.
You will not go wrong with an upgrade to the most popular Drupal version on earth today.
With Drupal 9, you instantly win with the web’s most key imperatives.
- Mobile-first UI utility with Drupal 9 upgrade.
- Easy to manage reusable media in the media library.
- Interoperable with enterprise applications with API’s
- Updated twig theme engine with Drupal 9 upgrade.
- Decoupled architecture for segregated experiences.
- Backward compatible for clutter-free platforms on Drupal 9
- Peer-reviewed code for greater security and accountability.
- Built-in support for multilingual websites.
- Framework designed to overcome OWASP’s top 10 web application security risks.
It is natural for website owners who are not familiar with Drupal to logically consider this option. Please note that Drupal 8 has already reached the end of its life. Here is the drupal.org post that announced this.
This is launching on 14th December 2022. You could definitely wait for this. Please note that the switch from Drupal 9 to Drupal 10 is easy peasy.
Other CMS - Beyond Drupal
If your current Drupal 7 website is a low-traffic website showcasing just content, you will not go wrong with migrating to other CMSs.
- Open Source - Wordpress.org rules the roost. You should go ahead.
- Commercial - We are not making any recommendations here. But, you can choose from Squarespace, Webflow, HubSpot, and many other website builders.
Continue with Drupal 7
You should not consider this option.
To sustain this option, you will need a drupal agency providing continuous support. Needless to mention, it will be a very expensive proposition. In addition to managing the agency, the lack of community support will make your website vulnerable to security risks.